[Watford] PHP

walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Sat Dec 1 15:27:38 GMT 2007

Thanks, Alain,

I usually use just a text editor for HTML and JavaScript which are very easy
to debug in most browsers.  I have no idea how PHP does it.  There must
something behind it that interprets and/or compiles the script. I thought an
IDE would help understand it more easily.

If I use gedit how to I run the script and debug it?  By the way,  this is
just a 'retirement project' to keep my brains occupied and, maybe, create
some web applications in the process. I will need MySQL database connections
etc so I thought, after a bit of research, PHP is just the job.  We'll see;
I might be better off reverting to MS-Access and VB :-(

Walter