[Watford] Meeting last night

Neel Upadhyaya bahulneel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:16:48 GMT 2007

WLUGers and WLUGetts,

Thanks to all those that made it last night and thanks especially to
Steven for the use of his place of work, which may turn out to be a
particularly suitable venue for us, going forward.

Again, as ever, it was great to see some new faces and we hope to see
you all again in Jan.

The meeting began as ever with an open discussion in which Toby
mentioned an interesting project idea involving the gutting an old
laptop and turning it to a skinny media client.  Toby, it would be
nice if you can post a summary to the list as I'm sure that will spawn
some ideas/ offers of help.

The meeting then moved on to Walt's Suze box. Unfortunately we were
unable to solve the SATA timeout issue with the kernel patch , but we
did all get a chance to see YAST package management, kernel
compilation, kernel patching and module loading/ unloading.  Oh and
some servers ;-)

Next months meeting will lead with the usual open discussion and then
I will be leading a demonstration and discussion on the FUSE file
system (more on this later in the month).  The original topic was to
be Linux telephony and voice technology, but I'll hold that one back
until I can get more time to prepare.

Given that the first Tuesday next month is New Years day, I suggest we
postpone the meeting till the 8th.  Any objections?

Cliff, can you post the current list of planned demos to this thread
and anything I've forgotten to mention?

And finally...

Does anyone know the login details for the WLUG web server?

Thanks once again

Neel

P.S. Beware of Steve, he's got an HP UX box and he's not afraid to sell it.

--
MCSE is to computers as McDonalds Certified Chef is to fine cuisine.