[Watford] Seperate VGA display

Neel Upadhyaya bahulneel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 11:10:44 GMT 2007

ATI's proprietary drivers do not support the Mach chipsets anymore.
For rage mobility you need to use the gatos drivers:
http://gatos.sourceforge.net/ati.2.php

The Rage128 drivers should work.  In actual fact the drivers have been
merged with the Xorg project so the ones you have should be ok, check
that you have the Driver section of Xorg.conf pointing at the ati
driver.

According to this post:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=1224596&postcount=6

Switching to the external monitor should just work(TM), Walt's comment
about the Fn hotkey is a good one.  Do you have a hot key?

--
MCSE is to computers as McDonalds Certified Chef is to fine cuisine.