[Watford] Future Meetings

Matt Marsh matt at mattmarsh.net
Wed Jan 10 09:48:04 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 23:02, Mark Stewart wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> I would happily have monthly meetings but for the last six meetings
> we have only had 2 - 5 people show up and it costs me £32 pounds a
> time to book the library.
>
> If people are happy to commit to monthly meetings and we split the
> cost the answer would be yes.(volunteers please!)

Sorry that I haven't been able to make it for the last few months but
I should be in a much better position to get to the meetings, monthly
or quarterly, for next 6 months at least.

I suggest that things which might encourage more people to come along
to the meetings are:

  - Have some sort of demo or topic arranged for each meeting, say
    for the first hour of the meeting. Following that there will still
    be plenty of time to give people help with any problems and/or go
    to the pub.

  - Put out some email to the mailing list approx a week in advance
    of the meeting to remind people that it will be happening etc.
    In the past often the reminder has only been on the day of the
    meeting or the day before and people might not be able to arrange
    to be there etc.

If others agree with the above then I would happily volunteer to start
off the demos with a demonstration of configuring and using the
asterisk[1] open-source PBX for the March meeting if people are
interested?

Matt

[1] http://www.asterisk.org/

--
Matt Marsh
Email: matt at mattmarsh.net          Jabber: mattmarsh at jabber.org
  Web: http://www.mattmarsh.net/      MSN: matt at mattmarsh.net
Phone: +44 7703 162030              Yahoo: marshmn