[Watford] Hi! Turn out tomorrow?

David Pead davesignup at pead.myzen.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 23:41:04 BST 2007

Hi,

My name's David. I'm pretty new to linux tho' am eager to learn. Am a
Mac user usually but am rapidly gaining interest/knowledge in all
things *nix and open-source, due to the underpinnings of OS X and my
work (Digital Print). I intend to come along to the July meeting
(tomorrow) and look forward to seeing some of you there?

Have a bit of scripting/web-programming experience and a basic
understanding of the CLI.

My particular interests on the linux front is running a home server.
LAMP and whatever else I can run for fun! Security is my biggest
concern before I open it up to the big wide world. Currently locked
down to LAN and only have my work IP range allowed through router
firewall. Also am curious to try MythTV...  :D

Have dabbled with Debian on an old-world (beige G3) Mac, but
currently have Ubuntu on an unused G4 Mac from work under the stairs!

My first question is... How can I get my Ubuntu Mac to boot straight
into Linux without having to press enter in yaboot?