[Watford] Gear Clearance

Yvan Seth watford.lug.org.uk at malignity.net
Mon Aug 4 12:11:01 BST 2008

Hi all,

I'm moving on to a new job in Cambridge in a month and as a result my
current employer has a bunch of stuff to get rid of, me being the only
employee in the UK and all.  Of course, accounts would like me to try to
sell this stuff rather than give it away... thought I'd see if any of it
had any value to anyone in the LUG before venturing into eBay territory.
If anything here is of interest make an offer!

* Dell Poweredge 1425SC (mid-2006 vintage)
    - Full depth rack-mount, alas no mounting/rail kit
    - 1.5GB PC2-3300 RAM (6x256, slots fully populated)
    - 3.0GHz 2MB 800MHz EM64T Xeon CPU
    - +empty CPU slot (but special Dell HS required)
    - 80GB SATA HDD (+empty SATA HDD bay)
    - CDROM, 2xGbE, VGA, 1xPCI-X
    - http://preview.tinyurl.com/65pkmc (dell user manual)

* OEM Nexcom NSA1086 appliance box (2005 vintage)
    - Size of a pizza box, noisy
    - Rackmount, with mounting tabs
    - 3.2GHz P4 CPU
    - 1GB PC2700 RAM
    - 80GB IDE HDD
    - 1xPCI slot + 1xminiPCI connector
    - 1xCF connector
    - 4xGbE + 4x10/100
    - http://preview.tinyurl.com/5r2xh7 (newer but simmilar)

* OEM Nexcom EBS1575P appliance box (2004 vintage)
    - Size of a kid's shoe box, not quiet
    - 2.8GHz P4 CPU
    - 1GB PC-2700 RAM (2x512, slots fully populated)
    - 20GB 2.5" (laptop) IDE HDD
    - 3x10/100 Ethernet ports
    - 1xPCI slot
    - http://www.gnglogic.co.kr/product/product_spec.php?seqno=81

* DLink DES1024D 10/100 fast ethernet switch
    - Rackmount, with mounting tabs
    - http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=75 (product page)

* 17" Samsung 172v LCD monitor
    - ** 2xdead-pixel sized scratch to centre
    - http://preview.tinyurl.com/64ubta (user manual)
    - http://preview.tinyurl.com/5gfssu (image + review)

* Belkin 4-Port VGA+PS/2 KVM
    - http://preview.tinyurl.com/64pe72 (product page)
    - with 4x6ft cables (http://preview.tinyurl.com/59nusr)
        - might be only 1 PS/2 per VGA cable

Note: The machines are servers, this means pretty damn noisy!  Not
      recommended for normal home use, I find the first two too noisy
      even when in a rack in the next room with the door closed.

On the topic of "rack", we have one of them also, but there's no chance
I can fit it in a little hire car.  So, for pick-up (Hitchin) only:

* Orion 27U (3/4 height) Value Server Enclosure
    - flat-packs with largest part 1360x900
    - covered on all 4 sides, all key-removable, has top cover too
    - front and rear are swing-doors, with front tinted-glass
    - 3 shelves
    - 8-plug fitted power board
    - loads of rack bolts!
    - http://www.orionuk.biz/default.asp?productOptionDetails=794&p=30