[Watford] DHCP

Walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 13:55:53 GMT 2008

Hi Everyone,

A big problem for me but a very simple solution for you guys :-).

My Suse 10.3 box keeps using a previously DHCP assigned IP address every
time it boots. It should be assigned a reserved IP (which is different) by
the DHCP server based on its mac address.  This works fine on all Windows
PCs but not with the Suse. I have to run dhclient manually for it to renew
the IP correctly.

How can force the Suse to renew the IP at boot time.  I checked the
configuration settings in Network Card Setup and it set to dynamic.

Many thanks.
Walter Jaggli

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:35