[Watford] Second Hard Disk

walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 21:51:08 GMT 2008

Many thanks.

I created a folder in /dev 'hda2' and mounted the drive manually into which
worked fine.  After a reboot, the folder had disappeared and I had to
recreate it and remount the drive.  Will that stay put once I make the fstab
entry?

Although I managed to build this Suse system 3 times now from scratch
without looking into a book or checking the web I am still struggling to
remember where everything goes.  I even managed to change the partition
sizes during the partition phase of the install. Nevertheless, I am
beginning to wonder whether I am just not cut out for this Linux lark
because once installed I just have no idea how to change hardware etc.

I tried to repair a system by moving the disk from one motherboard to
another and then applying the repair option from the installation disk just
like it says in the manual.  It fell over every time.  It even fell over
after I moved the disk back to the original system.  I will have to keep
windows going because I have no way back at the moment if Linux fails.

Anyway, thanks again, Walter