[Watford] June meet & linux printer driver

Yvan Seth watford.lug.org.uk at malignity.net
Wed Jun 4 15:23:28 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 02:30:03PM +0100, Walt wrote:
> Would it possible to organize a future session on this particular
> subject?  It will boring for most of the members but it would a great
> help to me and maybe some others too.

Bring along your non-compiling downloads (or URLs) and we'll do a live
"make it compile" run.  If it is too hard to work out in tomorrow's
meeting then we'll all have some homework for the next one.

Success *not* guaranteed, but someone can probably nut it out. :)

The quality of the build systems provided with projects varies greatly,
on top of this there is usually a lot of *nix assumed knowledge that's
completely obscure to the uninitiated.  I've come across projects, well
known ones, that've taken me a full day to work out.  Popularity is no
guarantee either, some projects we use daily can be a nightmare -
luckily out Linux distros do the hard work for us!

-Yvan