[Watford] Disk Cloning

Walt walt at helvatron.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 16:08:11 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

After last weeks meeting I did some more 'learning' and have now managed to
clone a linux system (Suse 10.3)  to a different drive.  I also managed to
install grub and can set root, load the kernel and initrd.

When I issue the boot instruction everything works up to the point where the
following line comes up:

Waiting for device /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_MAXTOR_680_Y2MX-PART2 to
appear.......

I am stuck now so any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Walter

Checked by AVG.
12:17