[Watford] SSH Questions

Magnus Kelly magnus.kelly at mapesbury.com
Tue Sep 16 20:54:25 UTC 2008

[Magnus] Interesting - I had always thought that the pass phrase was
part of the two way communication, if I understand you the password is
never seen on the wire in any form. Got it.

Then is it not possible to control which account the ssh key opens and
then force the user to su post login to a password protected account
that does not allow direct login - hence without the key you can't try
and login to the correct account that has the rights to perform the
legit remote process.

On a related note - can the expensive commercial number generator
systems that produce a dynamic password be created from only open source
if coupled with a custom usb type dongle?