[Watford] Books and login and stuff

David Pead davesignup at pead.myzen.co.uk
Sat Aug 22 12:13:37 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Got my book last week from Apress, as well as a few more due next
week (including "Beginning Android" Steve ;) ).
Therefore, want to flex my newfound Sys Ad muscles (ahem) by breaking
the SLUG.
"Let me in, let me in, or I'll huff and I'll puff" and get my
knickers in a twist... Toby ...come on, it only gets interesting if
someone breaks it or breaks into it. Alains on the case with the
rsync's anyhoo? :D
I take it no more activity from China then?

Also, as Alain suggested a while back, might be nice to have a book
review section on the SLUG. Good idea, I'll champion that if no-one
else will. Thought I might champion a Linux Newbie section too? On
the forum, it's own little blog or via the CMS?
Will getting an account give us each a little public_html directory
too? Seeing as I'm a wannabe web dev (as perhaps others are) would be
good to see what we could all come up with in our www.watfordlug.org/
~user sites? A way of personalising a member's section perhaps as was
mentioned at the last meet and has been previously?

Trust all are well, I'm just back from a nice break in the Peak
District, lovely.

T'ra,
Dave