[Watford] Meeting tomorrow ?

Yvan Seth watford.lug.org.uk at malignity.net
Wed Jan 7 15:52:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 03:35:05PM +0000, Alain Williams wrote:
> Are we meeting tomorrow -- since we all, happily, had better things to
> do last Thursday ?

Kat and I are out - Kat unwell, me needing to work through a pile of
paperwork - with an oncoming deadline :(

> There was some talk of discussing different ways of doing firewalls.
>
> I have also been playing with RPMs recently, making my own & created
> my own repository.  Done for CentOS -- *should* also work with RedHat
> but would be good to try.  I need to verify against other distros that
> use RPM, eg SUSE.  DEBs are next.

I did the RPM and DEB packaging for my last company and would be happy
to talk briefly about the latter sometime, and Alain can cover RPMs.  We
can have a packaging day!

May I suggest we get back to trying to have a schedule, we can then put
this on the website and perhaps attract some more attention?  Never
know!

-Yvan