[Watford] IRC Channel how to

Toby Deans plumocelot at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:21:42 UTC 2009

> I don't play with this very often ... I suppose that a good client is gaim/pidgin.
>
> If I add, what protocol do I use ? If I choose 'IRC' it doesn't allow me to set a domain, just a port # ?
>
> --
> Alain Williams

Lots of ways of getting into IRC: I added a page to the site:

http://watfordlug.org/IRC.php

Pidgin I found does work as an IRC client and is probably ok if you
have a number of accounts. There should be a tab where you add the irc
server name 'irc.lug.org.uk'

once attached use: /join #watfordlug to get into the channel I registered.

plum