[Watford] Watford LUG Project

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:03:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

At the end of the last meeting it was proposed that I spend the 'subs'
(grand total of £42) already collected on a Linksys NSLU2. This is a small
low powered device about the size of a small book that has a network port
(RJ45) and a couple of USB2 ports. It can be hacked to run different types
of Linux and the USB ports which mean that lots of stuff can be attached.
Examples given were boring hard disks all the way through to weather station
equipment.

I liked the idea, plus I hold the money. So with that in mind I intend to
buy one and be damned with the consequences. Then I decided I should
probably make sure nobody objects (ego-remorse has kicked in). So you have a
few days to 'object' via the mailing list before I plunder the savings to
buy one from ebay.

I'll try my best not to touch it before the next meeting (assuming nobody
objects and we have one). If agreed we could plan what to put on it and
start saving up again for some USB gadgets. Also, if we do go ahead and buy
one I would be looking to move the watfordlug.org website onto it. So we
would need somebody willing to power and internet-provide.

Look forward to any responses, both positive and negative :)

Thanks,

Steven Acreman