[Watford] Reminder for this evening (LUG)

Steven Acreman sacreman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:49:29 UTC 2009

Hi Dave,

Was a good turnout - we had about 8 of us in the end. Numbers were low in
the beginning so we decided to try to put Linux on a weird piece of hardware
called an IBM P550. It's got Power6 chips and uses a weird mixture of
physical and virtual devices.

If I had been more prepared I would have downloaded Suse ahead of time and
we would probably have succeeded in getting it running. Instead we got to
the point of booting Gentoo minimal and then the NIC driver crashed.

Besides the Linux on big black box experiment we had our usual random
conversations and agreed on the 2nd Thursday of next month for the next
meeting. I will try to remember to send out timely reminders so we get
maximum people turn up on the right day.

See you next meeting,

Steven Acreman