[Watford] Fwd: WLUG November 2009 (Reschedule)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 15:53:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:03:50PM +0100, Yvan Seth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 09:51:47AM +0000, Steven Acreman wrote:
> > Sorry, I forgot to mention.. can someone update the wlug site?
>
> I've put a big notice on the front page.
>
> Hey, while I'm at it, I should point out that this list is publicly
> accessible at:
>     http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/watford/
>
> Which means several SLUG passwords are available-to-all.  At the next
> meeting we should change all the passwords and agree to exchanging
> passwords only when necessary, and then only in-person of GPG/PGP
> encrypted.

+1

How about a key exchange event?
Who else has a PGP/GPG key ? I have, anyone not have one ?

I am interested in getting these keys to run in a variety of environments
with different MUAs. It works for me using mutt on Linux, I know that it also
works using thunderbird.

It would be nice to put forward some simple instructions for people
on how to:

1) generate a key
2) upload it to the key server
3) verify/sign someone else's key
4) send/receive encrypted/signed email

Seems like a worthwhile & not too hard project. I'm also interested in
people who use MS Windows and various webmail.

> > I haven't got around to getting access yet :)
>
> I haven't signed up to the forum yet, so haven't put a note on their
> yet.  How many people here use twitter? :)  We could "tweet" things like

I don't use twitter -- can't see the point, email works for me.

> In other news, Kathlene has cleaned up the theme used on the WatLUG SMF
> forum:
>     http://www.watfordlug.org/smf2/

Looks fine to me.

I just tried to login, I have a password recorded - but not a username.
Can someone check if I am registered & if so what username, else I will
register.

Ta

--
Alain Williams