[Watford] Alan Turing

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Sep 6 20:57:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 09:43:49PM +0100, Plum Hartnell wrote:
> http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/turing/
>

>     'We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to apologize
>     for the prosecution of Alan Turing that led to his untimely
>     death.'

I won't sign it. It won't do him any good, he had no kids.
I don't like all this apologising for the sins of our forefathers, there
is much more relevant & needed things that govt should be spending its time on.
It is just gesture politics.

I am not saying that I agree with what happened - although I see it through
eyes that are some 60 years after the event when sentiment on this sort of thing
is different.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/