[Watford] Low powered servers

Peter Grant grantpe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 13:49:47 UTC 2010

I looked at these but being really cheap opted for an old thin client
that came my way for free. 1GHz Via x86 processor, 512MB SDRAM. It's
just enough to run Ubuntu server from a laptop HDD or these actually
have an option to take CF cards too. One advantage this has is you get
a full set of output ports, serial/USB/parallel/audio and VGA. I only
bother accessing via SSH now it's running, though I have the option to
hook up a monitor and keyboard if things start going really wrong.
Peter

'If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out of it but
tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very
expensive machine, is somehow enobled and no-one dares criticize it.'
Pierre Gallois