[Watford] IP over .... ?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun May 13 15:37:43 UTC 2012

I read:

    http://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/12/05/13/1512255/researcher-runs-ip-network-over-xylophones

someone has done IP over xylophones, following after IP using avian carriers.

How about getting together & implementing IP over something else, eg:

* semaphore (flags) We should be able to encode more than 1 bit per flag:
  up        00
  up/left   01
  left      10
  down/left 11
  down      no data

  In theory with 2 hands & flags you could transmit 4 bits at a time, but I suspect that
  that would be too confusing - for me at least.

* aldis lamp

What else ? I do like semaphore - should not be too hard.

Want to give it a go one w/end ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/