[Watford] Printer ideas sought

M Fernandes myitpartneruk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:05:52 UTC 2012

I just wanted to thank everyone that responded. Some really good advice!

I too gravitated towards a Canon printer four years ago, specifically
because they provide Linux drivers. However, I found that ink had leaked
through the entire head and shorted it out. Canon support were really good,
even advising me to look for another printer as repairing the head would be
the same as buying a new printer, but, I was still a bit miffed that a
perfectly good printer had to be binned!

Anyway, I found an HP8600 at Costco at just over £100, which was a real
bargain.  They also do Linux drivers.

Thanks once again everyone!!

Mike