[Watford] Collaboration requested - Linux/Windows email; samba4

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 17:11:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

one of the things that had been on my TODO list for a long time is to fully
integrate a MS Outlook client with a Linux server ... including the calendaring.
The idea being that the end user will not know that the server is not MS Exchange.

There seem to be several ways of doing it, but they all seem to involve a
proprietary something to do the MAPI dialogue - which is partly why I have
delayed, hoping that something completely free will appear.

What I am after are a few people to do this project with. The idea is that we
would fully document what we do. I can create Linux boxes, people with MS
Windows clients to connect would be needed, later MS Windows servers running MS
Exchange would be needed to that we can work out the migration process.

Also: Samba 4 is now out. I have not played with it, it would be good to bring
that into the picture.

Anyone want to play ?

--
Alain Williams