[Watford] OpenVPN

Jim Ford jaford at watford53.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 12:08:37 UTC 2014

On 29/01/14 11:00, Alan Secker wrote:
> I'm back on to trying to get this to work.
>
> On the server side, I think I have sorted out everything except for the
> static address issue but I want to tackle that separately.

I use the free DNS service at DtDNS.com. It works fine.

I configured the client side with the Ubuntu/Xubuntu network
configuration GUI, which worked OK. Out of curiosity I looked for a
client.conf file that I expected the GUI would create, but it doesn't
exist on my system.

On the server side I've got my Buffalo router flashed with dd-wrt, with
OpenVPN. The only problem I have is that I can access it and my home
'network' behind the router, but can't tunnel though the router to the
Internet.

Hope this helps.

Jim