[Watford] What's your opinion on this blog?

M Fernandes myitpartneruk at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:22:41 UTC 2014

I think that the Heartbleed bug *has* set back the perception of quality
within the business world.  As has been pointed out before by some of you,
Linux is everywhere, but, I do think that it has failed to break into the
Business world (front-end, not back-end where ordinary users don't touch it
and become familiar with it) because there isn't enough leadership.  Adrian
Bridgwater makes a good point in his latest blog about fellow developers
needing to concentrate on their end-users, rather than fellow developers;
the defence Adrian highlights is symptomatic of that attitude I think.

http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/open-source-insider/2014/04/why-heartbleed-did-not-harm-open-source.html

Now, contrast that with Jessica McKellar; she  shows leadership which
others need to reflect.  I can't help feeling that Python is in safe hands
with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1a4Jbjc-vU

Regards,
Mike