[Watford] What's your opinion on this blog?

Alan Secker alansecker0 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 09:40:22 UTC 2014

On 14/05/14 20:02, M Fernandes wrote:

> materialise.  As long as Linux stays on servers, users won't really know
> what it is. It needs to move onto workstations in order to be accepted
> and gain acceptance (this was how Wndows made it).

I picked that particular paragraph to respond to. Ever since I adopted
Linux as my OS of preference, I had hoped to one day being able to ditch
Windows.

This year for the nth time I tested the professional software that I am
compelled to use under wine. All but two packages worked flawlessly and
installation was effortless. The trouble was those remaining two.

If that sort of problem could be overcome, somewhere in excess of
150,000 accountants,bookkeepers and lawyers would easily be persuaded to
adopt a cheaper solution. It may be happening but it is grindingly slow.

Oh! While writing. Last night I ran through a python tutorial. It looked
remarkably familiar. I will continue to explore it.