[Watford] OpenTech

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Jun 12 10:34:34 UTC 2015

FYI - I have been before it is good.

You do need to register.

----- Forwarded message from OpenTech 2015 <opentech at opentech.org.uk> -----

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:56:06 +0100 (BST)
From: OpenTech 2015 <opentech at opentech.org.uk>
To: addw at phcomp.co.uk
Subject: OpenTech - see you this Saturday

Dear OpenTech Attendee,

You have a ticket for OpenTech on Saturday, kindly sponsored by the
Open Data Institute.

Our "final" schedule should appear here tomorrow:
     http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/schedule

As always, thanks to our lovely sponsors the Open Data
Institute, concessions get in free: just let us know
on the door. Doors open about 10am, talks start at 10:45.

There are a handful of tickets left. If one of your friends
wants to come, they can register at http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/
possibly up to Saturday morning (when we sell out, you can't register)

Our lanyrd page is at http://lanyrd.com/2015/opentech/

See you on Saturday

Sam and David
     your friendly opentech organisers @opentechuk

PS : if you need to cancel for any reason (and to free your
     ticket up for someone else), just visit
     http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/registration/cancel.shtml
     and paste in the following code 12604-821644798693345

__ANNOUNCMENT__

Subject: What’s happening at OpenTech 2015

Hi everyone,

With less than a month until OpenTech 2015, we’re really
excited by this year’s schedule. As you’ll see it’s a
fantastic, diverse line up of talks by a whole range of
people working on issues and projects that really matter. Go
take a look at: http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/schedule

Highlights include:
        - Privacy: RIPA2 and Snowdenia
        - Being female on the Internet
        - Selling ideas
        - The Open Rights Group at 10 years old
        - Open Health Care
        - Privacy: health
        - 3 Digital Services
        - Data and policy
        - The election: what happened?
        - The election: what's next?

All this and much, much more.

Tickets are £5 on the door, but to make sure you get in on
the day, you can pre-register here:
http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/

We're already about half booked and tickets are selling
fast, so don’t miss out. And don’t forget to remind your
friends - OpenTech is as much about the people attending, as
the speakers.

For those who’ve not been before... OpenTech is an
informal, low cost (thanks Open Data Institute for
sponsoring us again!), one-day conference on slightly
different approaches to technology, problems and democracy.
You are guaranteed a day of thoughtful, thought-provoking
talks leading to lively conversations with friends. Besides
the sessions, there’ll be plenty of time to talk in the
bar which will be open until 10pm.

_Switch off, sit back and enjoy the show_ As ever, while
there is technically some wifi in the building, as soon as
we all show up, there will no longer be any working wifi in
the building. So listen to the speakers (or your mates in
the bar) rather than compulsively refreshing twitter errors,
wondering if you should have gone to a different session
based on the tweets sent over 3G.

If you would like to help make the day as successful as
previous OpenTechs, we're also looking for a few more
volunteers to help out, email opentech at opentech.org.uk.

Oh, and did we mention? You can pre-register your tickets
here: http://www.opentech.org.uk/2015/registration

More soon,

----- End forwarded message -----

--