[Watford] MIPS in Kings Langley

Freddie freddie_signup at gmx.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 21:09:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-11-10 11:28, Alain Williams wrote:
> We seem to have been somewhat silent of late ...
>
> I was wondering if anyone is interested in a revival.
>
> I have just noticed that the world wide headquarters of MIPS is on our doorstep:
>
> http://imgtec.com/about/contact-us/
>
> http://imgtec.com/mips/
>
> Linux runs on them: https://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Main_Page
>

> It might also be good to have some project that we could all get involved in.
> Ideas ?

As a recent ex-employee of Imagination (from the powervr graphics
division, rather than MIPS) I have a first edition CI20 creator board
(the one with the non-rectangular PCB and reportedly worse wi-fi
performance, I don't remember the other details of the differences
between this and the subsequent edition) which I got at a knock down
price. This has a 32-bit MIPS processor on it (again, don't remember the
details although I'm sure they won't be too hard to find online).
Unfortunately I haven't the time to play with it at the moment. As a
long-time lurker I'm happy to donate the board to whatever noble aims
your usergroup forces upon it. However, as a recidivist Yorkshireman,
I'm no longer in the area. If you think this could be useful, let me
know where you'd like me to post it.

Note, I couldn't find a case online for the CI20 (the 2nd edition has a
CAD file of a case freely accessible, but not the first).

Thanks,

Freddie