[Westwales] Last-minute mention of SWLUG meeting tonight

Jonathan Atkinson westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Dec 2 09:26:00 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 09:13, Dan Field wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 08:11, Ciaran Anscomb wrote:
> > OTOH, if anyone *does* want a meet around here soon, how about we
> > 'organise' (it's alright, you can come out from under the table, the
> > word's gone now) one?  Weekend?  Mid-week?  Just to natter about what
> > we've been doing and drink beer mayhap.
>
> Well I'm game. Wireless networking is beginning to happen in
> Penparcau/Llanbadarn area now so we could talk about that and perhaps do
> a 'show and tell' of some 802.11b/WaveLAN kit that we are using. Hell if
> we start in the Gog in lanbadarn we could tour the sites!
>
> Just and idea anyway to get the ball rolling

I would certainly like to go to a meeting in Aber. I used to go to the
Preston LUG meetings quite a lot back at home, and now I'm here at uni
I'm missing the discussion (trying to talk Linux with my girlfriend
doesn't really work)...

Where are the meetings usually held, and how many people come along? Do
you do anything like my old Preston LUG did like hold install days or
run impromptu pub networks for sharing files with the less
bandwidth-fortunate?

It re-iterate, I'd love a meeting, if only for the beer :-)

--Jon