[Westwales] Geek Ski Trip

Adrian Shaw westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 16:26:01 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 4:01 pm, you wrote:
> Probably French Alps, but I'm open to suggestions. There's always
> somewhere like Bulgaria, which will be a lot cheaper etc but then has
> less pistes. I'm open to suggestions right now. Any preferences?

Don't rule out Switzerland - it's a lot cheaper than people think, especially
if you book direct and do self-catering, and it's an easy drive from Calais -
again worth doing if there's enough of you (and because you can bring back
more). The booze is quite a bit cheaper in France though! But then you drive
through France on your way to Switzerland, so if you know your Swiss customs
limits, you'll be OK.

If you're wanting to go over Christmas or the new year, you're probably too
late. We're already booked for this winter (yes, in Switzerland), so I'm
afraid I won't be along with you this time.

Adrian