[Westwales] online supplier for wireless nic?

Jonathan West westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Sep 28 21:26:00 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 16:43, Jonathan West wrote:
> Where can I get the orinocco based wireless nic? or an alternative make.
> Must have connection for external ant.
> thanks
> Jon
Right..
Excuse me for the next basic questions but after spending the evening
checking web sites and google I've found I don't even  really know what
the harware I want is.
>From what I can gather you either get an all in pci card or a pci card
which the network adaptor plugs into.(The latter seems to be the most
common). If this is the case how long is the cable from adaptor to card
and can you get extension leads. This might negate the need for an
external ant.
Shit.. I wish I knew what I was looking for. All this must be alot
easier to learn when you can sit around a table in the pub and discuss
various technologies :-)  One of the problems of being stuck out in the
sticks.
Thanks all for your help in this
Jon
--