[Westwales] Linux in schools

Jon Pearse westwales at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 20 13:45:00 2003

> The system works fine as long as you dno't all try and log
> into it at once with kde... ! :)

  This is true... Antar does tend to crawl a little when everyone logs
on at the start of a practical, but after the first few minutes
while it's dealing with login stuff, it's not actually all that bad.
It's still easier than setting up a version of Linux on however many
boxes you need, and (imo) be ideal for 'after-school' groups of
10-20
  *shrugs*

> The 3rd year sysadmin type module will soon be giving students
> experience in installing redhat (and windows) on removable hard
> disks, or so I've heard.

  Excellent... although I can do that already :)

-Jon

http://www.jonpearse.net - http://users.aber.ac.uk/jnp2
       jon@jonpearse.net - jnp2@aber.ac.uk

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while
and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.