[Westwales] WWLUG IRC Channel

Bryn Salisbury bryn at randomlyevil.org.uk
Fri Apr 16 12:54:04 BST 2004

> I can't access IRC servers thru port 6667, I'm behind the university
> firewall.  I can get in thru 8080, do you know if any of the freenode
> servers are open on that port?

Hey,

There are some IRC clients (XChat for one) that can be configured to work
through proxy servers. Another option is, does Lampeter have a centralised
server (akin to Aberystwyth University's "Central" server) that you could
connect to and get an IRC session out? Perhaps asking one of the people in
your IS department to help you out?

Another option may also be to ssh out to an external machine (if you're
able to ssh out) if you have one available then going on IRC from there.

Bryn

--
Bryn Salisbury
...by the power of Webmail!