[Westwales] Re:Dual Boot

Robert Savage bobsavage at uklinux.net
Fri Aug 6 08:13:04 BST 2004

Hi All,

Thank you all for your advice I have now got around to re-visiting the
problem, and can happily say it is solved.

It was down to the partitioning bug as suggested by Telsa, I down loaded the
info from http://lwn.net/Articles/86835 and followed the instructions.  I had
to refer to the "Recovery" section and use sfdisk (that was new to me I
didn't know about it, I really must take more notice).  Having then told grub
where the Mandrake installation was I could then dual boot.

Thanks Telsa for that very useful info.

Colin, pardon my further ignorance but what are GPT partitions?
I can't easily paste the partition table in here 'cos this exercise is
happening on another machine and I have yet to fathom the intricacies of
linux networking :-)

Many thanks for all your help,

Bob
(seeking a stress free life without Windows )