[Westwales] blue screen of death screen saver

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Aug 11 23:54:32 BST 2004

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:49:03PM +0100 or thereabouts, Colin Sauze wrote:
> Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> >
> >>Anybody know where I can find a copy of this screen saver?
> >
> >xscreensaver :) It's the bsod one, which has a man page under
> >"man 1 bsod".
> >
> ok, it seems that mandrake isn't displaying all the xscreensaver's that
> are there, when I launch xscreensaver directly I get a load more.

xscreensaver-demo is handy for that.

People have been known to get really upset when they return to
their screen to find BSOD-like stuff scrolling down it. I wonder
if Mandrake disabled it to save on support tickets.

Really.

Personally, I could wish whichever random screensaver is
crashing my X session disabled. Only it is taking me a long
time to establish which it is. Even with xscreensaver-demo...

Telsa