[Westwales] Dual Boot?

Robert Savage bobsavage at uklinux.net
Thu Jul 29 07:56:49 BST 2004

Hi All,

Have they caught the MS disease of intentionally ignoring other O/Ss?

I recently partitioned a spare 10GB into two ext2fs partitions (4.5GB each
roughly) and a 512MB swap partition.  On hda1 I installed Fedora Core 2 and
on hda3 Mandrake 10.0, both from the Linux Format Magazine front cover DVDs,
hda2 is the swap partition.

Fedora Core was installed first and used 'grub' as the boot loader, Mandrake
10 was then installed and then the fun started. Neither distribution will
recognise the other's partitions so I can't make the system dual boot.
modifying grub and adding Mandrake's root and boot directory results in a
message: Error 23: Error while parsing number.....

Can someone please tell me how to get them to see each other so I can dual
boot without having to use a third party application (Smartboot Manager) to
bring them up?

Regards

Bob Savage