[Westwales] Bush internet surf - hackable box

Andrew Rawlins awr at aber.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 16:45:21 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 16:28, Liam Closs wrote:

> So I can be changed to any ISP? Eg, I could have it running my Freeserve now
> Wannadoo, Anytime account?

Yes .... however, the display is not stunning on a TV.

The box is basically an Acorn Archimedes without the module necessary to
run a the full desktop, and a pretty poor web browser.

For those that know Acorn hardware, its about an A7000 with the IO
podule etc missing, or in-between an A5000 and a RISC PC).  It's much
more fun to think of it as a toy you can play and hack about with for 8
quid, rather than a tool to browse the web through a tv.

Cheers

Andrew

--
Andrew Rawlins                                         (01970) 62 2543
Systems Support                                        Cynnal Systemau