top-posting [was Re: [Westwales] Windows discussions in a linux forum! Sacrilege!]

Richard Smedley richard.smedley03 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 17 16:35:31 BST 2004

John Bailey wrote:

>>Hey this is an email list. I thought top-posting rules only applied to usenet.

Try reading any list in digest form - I've unsubscribed from
one before now because I got so fed up of scrolling past
unsnipped info below top-posts from a web-mail client :-(

>I think it's generally accepted* that the same 'netiquette' guidelines
>also apply to forums and e-mail distribution lists.

Indeed, answers don't happily precede qustions in many
conversations ;-)

>* Amongst those who accept that top posting is the source of all evil.

Don't forget not snipping :-/

Oh, and changing topic without changing the subject header =oP

 - Richard