[Westwales] Shwmae pawb / Hello everyone

Jon Pearse jnp2 at aber.ac.uk
Wed Mar 31 22:31:04 BST 2004

Hi,

   Concerning web design, I quite often use my Linux box for web design
- kwrite is one of the best text editors I've used in a while - without
any problems at all. The only exception to the rule is anything to do
with graphics, because I do them in Photoshop. That said, the GIMP is
supposedly very good (I've not tried). Certainly, if you're doing any
server-side stuff, Linux is far easier and better than Windows.
   As for video editing - I can't help noticing that the feature in the
current issue of Linux Format is about that very subject...

   Put it this way, I'm a Mac user, and I'm forever being told that Macs
"can't do" something I've been doing for a couple of years. The more I
sit down and actually -use- Linux (sadly not very often these days),
the more I find the same to be true. Now, if Adobe would release
Photoshop for Linux... ;)

-Jon

  http://www.jonpearse.net                            jon at jonpearse.net
  AIM: HEGildor                              Phone: +44 (0)78 1260 2710

  Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while
  and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.