[Westwales] Debian and ISDN

Pax pax at surfanytime.net
Sat Sep 11 14:37:13 BST 2004

I have, for months now, been trying to set up isdn under
debian, and failing miserably. I have recompiled the kernel
so many times that I can now do it standing up in a hammock, and
every config file and script have undergone more re-writing than a
Jeffrey Archer novel. And then, suddenly, this morning, it all
started working for no apparent reason. Having wracked what few
brains I have left, the only difference I can see between this
time and the previous few hundred is that this time I was installing
on a box that is never going to have an analogue modem attached and so
I compiled the kernel without asyncppp. Could this be IT! That debian
won't let you compile sync and async at the same time? Anybody know?
Anybody care??

Secondly, I'm on the scrounge. Anybody got a 14"/15" monitor they
want to get rid of for a bargain basement price that they could
bring along to LUG meeting? I need a small secondary monitor to
replace one that is going on the blink.

Bernard