[Westwales] ISDN Providers

cjs0 at aber.ac.uk cjs0 at aber.ac.uk
Sun Sep 19 22:49:05 BST 2004

>> Checkout www.lixxus.net, they are doing pay as you go ADSL with no
>> inital
>> charge per month and a max fee of £25.
>>
> Thanks for the link. On first look they don't seem to allow you to run a
> web server on the cheap packages
> Jon
> --

According to
http://www.lixxus.co.uk/support/broadband_basics/technical_faqs/default.asp

"Are any ports blocked by Lixxus? No, Lixxus do not block any ports."

"Can I run my own servers? Yes. If you are using a Lixxus supplied Voyager
router you can either use NAT and set up port forwarding or use NON-NAT
and give the web server its own IP. However this is unsupported by
Lixxus."

It doesn't make any reference to the different packages there, where did
you see that??? The only thing I can see is that its not clear if they
will allocate you more than 1 ip address. They talk about buying blocks of
IPs but I can't find any details on it. That doesn't stop you running a
web server, it just means you'll have to port forward if you use an
ethernet router.