[Westwales] Part Time Sys Admin Job

Wil Stephens wil at fbagroup.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 12:55:35 GMT 2005

Hello list

I've just had a conversation this morning with the headmaster of Ysgol
Gymraeg Aberystwyth (the Welsh primrary school located in Plascrug,
Aberystwyth). They're a 300+ strong school who have a wealth of new IT
resources. Unfortunately, these IT resources are not being properly
maintained under their support contract with the County Council due to
lack of time on the council's part.

In a recent governors meeting, they have agreed to allocate a budget to
employ a part time technical support person to help maintain the
school's network, upgrade and fix machines, installed and maintain
software etc. This person will need to give a day's work every week, to
be spread out over the week as it suits the individual, though must fit
in somewhere within the school's 8.30 - 5.00 opening times. Salary and
benefits yet to be negotiated.

They're looking for a good indivudual, who won't just goof around, not
turn up, and be unreliabable. They've had enough of unreliability with
the council and now looking for someone to deliver. If you yourself is
interested or know somebody who might be, let me know on
wil at stephens.org or call me at work on 01970 636400 and I'll arrange
for either your details to be forwarded or for you to attend a meeting
with the School to discuss the opportunity further.

If anyone requires further details, I'm also happy to dig around on
your behalf.

Best

Wil