[Westwales] Hello from Pembrokeshire

Mike Kerslake mike at kerslake.plus.com
Sat Jun 4 13:58:57 BST 2005

Hello West Wales LUG

Just a quick intro:

I'm an ex-Atari user (and ex publisher of an Atari 16/32 printed magazine), first played with a bought copy of Corel Linux a few years ago, but then got sucked into Win98/XP. But a year or so ago bought a retail copy of Mandrake, got it running reasonably successfully, but a succession of hardware rebuilds saw me spending more time fiddling with hardware rather than playing with software. But last week I decided to buy a retail copy of Xandros, and that's now running happily in a dual boot situation with XP on two home machines. Apart from a bit of common knowledge of both hardware and software on Ataris and PCs I'm really just a Linux newbie, but can muddle through I guess!  Although Xandros is possibly the easiest way to go Linux that I have seen so far!

I don't think I am alone in living between Haverfordwest and St Davids and being into Linux judging by recent postings in the list, so hello to any other 'locals' here!

Anyway, guess that's all for now, back to playing with Xandros, although I have written this email in Foxmail on the one surviving Windows only PC in the house - but not for long methinks!

:-)

Best regards,

Mike Kerslake
wwluglist at kerslake.plus.com