[Westwales] Linux with XP

John Beisley greatred at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 20:33:05 BST 2006

> Defrag? Do I really, really have to? I can choose a machine with 70% free space. I started
> defragging one machine this morning and it looked as though it was going to take all day.
> How long should defrag take on a 50 gig hard drive with 30% usage? Do I really, really have to?

I'm unsure about the necessity for it, although I half-suspect it
might be required, or at least make the repartitioning tool's job a
lot easier.

On the plus side if you need to defrag lots of machines you can run
defrag in parallel :) - won't take weeks then (unless people need to
be using some computers).

- John

--
http://greatred.pengus.net/