[Westwales] Kick Starting The Meetings

Dean Thorne dean at fbagroup.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 14:05:41 GMT 2006

Hi All,

In an attempt to get the meetings going again, i thought that i would
put myself forward to try and organise them.

  Before i can go ahead and choose a date for the meetings to resume.
I just have a couple of questions that i would like to pose the the
WWLUG community, so we can have a meeting that we will all benefit from.

I know before that when we had meetings on a Monday evening, that
there were a few people that didn't like meetings during the working
week. I think that  perhaps a Saturday may work better.

Which day(s) would you prefer the meeting to be on ?

How often would we like these meetings. There is no point in having a
meeting every week if only a couple of people attend. So would people
prefer a fortnightly or monthly approach to the meetings ?

Most importantly, what do you want as members of the WWLUG community
want from your meetings ?
I know a few people that have just got started out in the Linux
world, that would greatly appreciate help in answering some of their
questions that they have.

Another suggestion is for people to do some talks. These can be about
what ever you want (within reason). We can share knowledge. I am sure
that some of you have worked on a project, where you have learnt a
new skill or a neat trick, and perhaps we could all learn ? or even
just a really hand CLI tool ?

There isn't just the talks we can have, we could have install fests,
where we can help people with their installations. We can have curry
nights again, and we can also have our socials relocate to the pub
towards the end of the meeting. So we can all have a nice drink.

So please email me your suggestions and or views to new meetings.

I will compile a list of results and update you all to when the new
meetings can be.

If no one replies, then i will just choose an arbitrary date, and
location and people can join if they wish.

Thank you for you time, and i hope to see you all soon in a new
meeting :)

(apologies for spelling and grammar)

--
Dean Thorne