[Westwales] Dialup

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Fri May 19 22:08:03 BST 2006

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:24:04PM +0100, Robert Savage wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I've just installed Fedora Core 5 (from Linux Format Magazine) which insists
> on using Gnome desktop  :-(      OK I can live with it but what do I use in
> place of KPPP to dial out?

 Is wvdial included? I seem to remember that being fairly easy to
configure (wvdialconf should automatically detect most settings for
you). It's not graphical, but it does the job pretty well. It's been a
while since I've needed to make a dialup connection, but I might be able
to offer more help if you run in to problems getting wvdial working.

Cheers,
 Mike

--
Michael Sheldon