[Westwales] New protest and petition against BBC's Windows-only iPlayer

Dan Field dof at llgc.org.uk
Fri Aug 3 09:41:51 BST 2007

On 3 Aug 2007, at 09:24, Dafydd Walters wrote:

> If you read The Register, you'll probably already know this
> information, but the FSF has now launched a new campaign to protest
> against the BBC's intransigence towards providing their iPlayer on
> any platform except Windows.

I don't see the problem personally. They are developing an OS X
version for release RSN and there are talks of a Linux version.

The Windows DRM was a condition imposed by the rights holders.

--
Dan Field <dof at llgc.org.uk>                   Ffôn/Tel. +44 1970 632 582
Datblygwr Systemau                                     Systems Developer