[Westwales] Windows 1: Linux 0

Telsa Gwynne telsa at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 14:24:18 BST 2007

Hello, Aber peeps.

Ar Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 12:59:34PM +0100, ysgrifennodd David Goodwin:
> > I've never used a VT-100 but I did have a VT-320 and a WYSE terminal.
>
> 320's from libertas/IS ?
> I had one, but eventually gave it away in 2003-ish (i think).

320s? How posh. I think the ones here in Swansea were vt220s. Lovely.

Libertas has gone now and it's all Voyager and clicky-clicky here. There
are some kiosk-like affairs in the university library with metal keyboards
which I suspect of being designed for use in a monsoon after being dropped
from fifty feet. They hurt my fingers. I only look for very short titles
and authors there now. Bring back vt220s!

As to line length, I use mutt in 80-char wide windows. The university
has given me an Outlook.. thing... and we are supposed to check it
daily. I have never used a graphical mailer before. I don't like it.

Telsa