[Westwales] Debian Project Leader visit to Aberystwth

Dan Field dof at llgc.org.uk
Thu Nov 26 09:01:35 UTC 2009

On 25 Nov 2009, at 17:47, Alan Woodland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm not sure anyone reads this list much anymore, this might be of
> interest to Linux users in West Wales still reading:
>
> Debian Linux talk
>
> Steve McIntyre is currently in his second year as the elected leader
> of the Debian GNU/Linux project. On the 4th of December 2009 he will
> be visiting Aberystwyth University to give a talk entitled "Free as in
> Freedom, or Free as in Beer?", about some of the issues and challenges
> facing Debian as a large open source project and how these are
> addressed. The talk will take place at 5pm in the "Physics Main"
> lecture theatre and will be followed by pizza and beer.

Thanks for this Alan. I'll put the word around the Library. Who
organised this? Aber is doing OK for speaker history these days. Alan
Cox, Richard Stallman ( http://www.6809.org.uk/media/ ) and now Steve.

--
Dan Field <dof at llgc.org.uk>                   Ffôn/Tel. +44 1970 632 582
Peiriannydd Meddalwedd                          Senior Software Engineer