[Wiltshire] Ubuntu Demo Day, Swindon

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Feb 14 10:42:29 GMT 2008

At 10:15 14/02/2008, you wrote:
>We'll be holding an Ubuntu Demo Day at the Museum of Computing in
>Swindon (Oakfield Campus, Marlowe Avenue) from 10am to 4pm on Saturday
>26 April. This will be an opportunity to meet other users, gaze lovingly
>into each others desktops, talk to potential users, and of course visit
>the Museum.
>
>Local publicity will be aimed at telling people about Ubuntu, allowing
>them to try it out on the demo machines, and giving out liveCDs. We'll
>also have screencasts and videos running on a large-screen projector.

Dianne,

You should get in touch with Roger Ogle. He publishes the Link
Magazine, distributed free around north/west Swindon. He always seems
perfectly willing to publish articles for SPFOSS, so I've no doubt
he'd be happy to put in some free publicity for the Ubuntu Demo Day.

Check out the deadline date - it's around the 10th of each month I
think - and my advice is to try to get him to email the text of your
article for checking before then.

Dave

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763