[Wiltshire] Xen - DomU Backups

Michael Da Cova mdacova at equiinet.com
Tue Feb 19 11:09:09 GMT 2008

Hi

  _____

From: Keith Sudbury [mailto:keith at netzensolutions.com]
Sent: 19 February 2008 10:45
To: wiltshire at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Wiltshire] Xen - DomU Backups

Will Bacula backup MS Exchange & MS SQL ? Exchange needs it's transaction
log files backed up and cleared I was unaware that Bacula supports this?

[mdc]

I am told it will and is on my todo list to investigate

Cut from bacula wiki
http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=application_specific_backups

exchange_serverExchange Server

Version 2.0 of Bacula includes solid VSS support. This should allow you to
safely back up a consistent snapshot of an Exchange database. Note that the
VSS Writer for Exchange appears to be disabled by default in some versions
of Windows Server, including Small Business Server 2003. You may verify this
is the case by examining the VSS messages, which will look like this:

Rich, I thought there was already a Windows GUI for Bacula?

[mdc]

I was talking about the  Bacula Backup server our customer would like a nice
easy to use Director Bacula speak for management server

Cheers
Keith